Ever heard phrases like “the smooth talker” and “ladies man”? These are the guys who can practically swoop women off their feet by just using the right words or compliments per se. Everyone likes to be complimented but women especially love compliments. Compliments can make you feel loved and appreciated. They help boost self-confidence and uplift the mood. The person giving the compliment is seen in a positive light.
However, compliments that are hollow, or not genuine can backfire. Compliments like you look pretty/beautiful sound very hollow and generic, especially if you are not delivering them right. Hence flirting with someone is an art or a skill that can take you places, and compliments are one of the best and strongest tools in flirting.
Disclaimer: Be warned that you must use flirty compliments only if she is also willing to take things further from platonic friendship, otherwise you should resort to more generic compliments. If she is not reciprocating your romantic interest you should back off and leave her alone. Even if you believe she is giving you mixed signals, it’s in your best interest to take things with a grain of salt and consider mixed signals as a “no”.
If you both are exchanging flirty looks and you feel that she wants to be more than friends, she wants you to notice her specifically. Paying attention to detail and complimenting things that are genuinely beautiful about her is a give. If you are not great with your words, you can use the following compliments to take things further.
- I like you. More than a lot. More than my friends. More than most people I know.
- I have been thinking about you and smiling like a fool all day.
- I love your smile, always so heart warming and bright.
- Your pretty face kept interrupting my thoughts all day, so I couldn’t get a single thing done at work. I am afraid you will have me fired.
- You have the most beautiful eyes I have seen. They are full of excitement and wonder at the same time. I can practically look in them for hours.
- Are you getting prettier with each passing day or am I just falling more and more in love with you every day ?
- I love your new hair colour/ hair cut/ nail art. (She went to the salon and spent money to look better, it is worth your attention and praise. Not complimenting minor changes will indicate lack of interest and attention from you.)
- Have you put a spell on me? Everything reminds me of you.
- Your lips look so delicious, can I taste them? (this is a bold one, only use it if you two are already dating.)
Women these days are more into being appreciated for their personality and abilities rather than their bodies. It can earn you a great score if you try praising her intelligence, hard work, dedication and other personality attributes.
- Your dedication towards your work is inspiring.
- You are such a kind and thoughtful person, you are really making a difference in the lives of people around you.
- I am totally turned on by your intelligence. Your mind is just as sexy as your beauty. (again for dating couples only.)
- I am in an awe about how good you are with numbers/kids/tools. (Insert whatever she is good at).
- You are so passionate about what you do, anything you touch turns golden.
Women love to be praised for their beauty and brains, and it helps them feel more confident about themselves. But deep inside they crave for the reassurance that the relationship they have with you is meaningful, the efforts they are putting in the relationship are being acknowledged and appreciated. They need to know how much you appreciate what they are doing for you.
- You’re an amazing friend, so understanding and supportive.
- You are my favorite person to hang out with. I will rather be with you than with anyone else on any given time.
- You do not need to dress up to look beautiful but I appreciate that you make the effort.
- I enjoy your company so much that I want to be with you all my life.
- Time I spend with you is so precious to me. Thank you for giving me the amazing memories to recall when I am old.
- You are such a great girl, I am sure my family will be thrilled to meet you.
If you found these compliments helpful, bookmark to save for future use and share the article with your best friend to help them improve their flirting game.